Winter Tour to Saksun & Streymoy Island
Enjoy an exciting winter tour to untouched villages on Streymoy island. You will be picked up in Tórshavn in the morning before heading north taking the picturesque mountain route Oyggjarvegur towards your first destination.
You will travel along the coastline passing several waterfalls before entering the village Hvalvík. Here you will hear some local stories and see the oldest wooden and grass-roofed church on the islands.
Next, you will take the narrow road to the isolated settlement Saksun beneath the steep majestic mountains. Saksun is a masterpiece in the most amazing surroundings. Here you will see cascading waterfalls and a picturesque natural lagoon.
On your way to Kvívík, you will have a fantastic view over the lake Leynavatn. Next, you will pass the beautiful village Leynar with a great sandy beach.
When you get to Kvívík, you will experience the Viking excavations that are situated in the middle of the village. This historic settlement is a must-see attraction in the Faroe Islands. Kvívík offers visitors breathtaking surf along the coastline on windy days.
You will now head back to Tórshavn. Your tour guide will drop you off around 12:30.
Don't hesitate booking this tour to Saksun and other undiscovered villages on Streymoy island in winter. Check availability by choosing a date.
- Tour Guide
What to bring
Guide to Faroe Islands offers friendly cancellation policies for cancellations related to COVID-19 reasons.
If you place a booking on Guide to Faroe Islands but test positive when in the Faroe Islands or if your flight to the Faroe Islands is canceled due to COVID-19, you will get a full refund. Alternatively, you can choose to reschedule your trip to another date.
All cancellations must be made by e-mail. Guide to Faroe Islands is making every effort to ensure the best protection for the client in case of cancellations.
These terms apply to day tours and activities booked on Guide to Faroe Islands when cancelled by traveller:
- a) For cancellations more than 48 hours before the start of the activity, you will receive a full refund (small processing cost taken by the payment provider).
- b) For cancellations 48 hours or less before the start of the activity or in case of no-show, no refund.
If you need to adjust your travel plans to the Faroe Islands, please kindly email us and we will try our best to present you with an alternative plan. These terms apply to multi-day tours and vacation packages.
- More than 7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to arrival/tour date – no refund
Let Guide to Faroe Islands know one week in advance at latest if you need to cancel your car rental and you will receive a full refund (a small transaction fee taken by the payment provider can occur).
- More than 7 days prior to pickup – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to pickup – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to pickup – no refund