Kia Picanto (manual)
Compact car made for solo travellers and couples. This small car will get you everywhere in the Faroe Islands. You will find it easy to get to even the most meandering roads and one-lane tunnels with this vehicle.
- Collision Damage Waiver
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Theft Protection
- Delivery at Vágar Airport
- Unlimited mileage
What to bring
- Driving Licence
Self Risk Insurance reduces damage liability from DKK 7.000 to DKK 1.000. Add the additional insurance at DKK 120 per rental day and the lowered liability will apply.
What about tunnels?
There are 20 tunnels in the Faroe Islands. Three tunnels comes with a toll fee. These are the three sub-sea tunnels. The underwater tunnels connect the island Vágar (airport) to Streymoy (Tórshavn), Streymoy to Eysturoy, and Eysturoy to Borðoy (Klaksvík).
The car comes with a tunnel “chip”. You will pay for your passings through the tunnels when you return the car at the airport.
- Price for at return drive Vágar - Streymoy or Eysturoy - Borðoy is DKK 100,-
- Price for at one way drive Streymoy - Eysturoy is DKK 175,-
Guide to Faroe Islands offers friendly cancellation policies for cancellations related to COVID-19 reasons.
If you place a booking on Guide to Faroe Islands but test positive when in the Faroe Islands or if your flight to the Faroe Islands is canceled due to COVID-19, you will get a full refund. Alternatively, you can choose to reschedule your trip to another date.
All cancellations must be made by e-mail. Guide to Faroe Islands is making every effort to ensure the best protection for the client in case of cancellations.
These terms apply to day tours and activities booked on Guide to Faroe Islands when cancelled by traveller:
- a) For cancellations more than 48 hours before the start of the activity, you will receive a full refund (small processing cost taken by the payment provider).
- b) For cancellations 48 hours or less before the start of the activity or in case of no-show, no refund.
If you need to adjust your travel plans to the Faroe Islands, please kindly email us and we will try our best to present you with an alternative plan. These terms apply to multi-day tours and vacation packages.
- More than 7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to arrival/tour date – no refund
Let Guide to Faroe Islands know one week in advance at latest if you need to cancel your car rental and you will receive a full refund (a small transaction fee taken by the payment provider can occur).
- More than 7 days prior to pickup – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to pickup – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to pickup – no refund
From 595 DKK Per day