Island Sightseeing Cruise on the vintage schooner Norðlýsið
Come along for a cruise to Nólsoy - the island outside Tórshavn. Enjoy the fantastic views and the fresh salty sea air. Escorted by the sea birds, you will visit the majestic cliffs of Nólsoy and return to the harbour enriched and refreshed.
The crew will greet you once you jump on board the ship in Tórshavn. Remember to be dressed in layers as it can be quite cold to stand on the deck on a ship out in the middle of the North Atlantic ocean even though it is summer.
Joining this three-hour cruise will give you a true feeling of the down-to-earth lifestyle in the Faroe Islands. This is the perfect way to spend the morning not only in an exceptional landscape but in perfect solitude.
Enjoy the peace and quiet as you head out of Tórshavn to the unspoiled island with vast wildlife. As the captain slowly sails along the majestic cliffs, it is time to switch off and find stillness. There is no better place to slow down away from the stresses of everyday life than being onboard this Faroese schooner built in the Faroe Islands in the mid-20th century.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to experience the Faroe Islands from sea. Set sail to the meeting point for this cruise at the boat harbour Undir Bryggjubakka in Tórshavn. Check availability by choosing a date.
What to bring
- Warm clothes
- Sensible shoes
Your comfort is our first concern. We monitor the weather conditions and decide if the weather allows for a safe and comfortable trip. If not, we cancel or adapt the route. Visit https://www.nordlysid.com/tripinfo before leaving.
Guide to Faroe Islands offers friendly cancellation policies for cancellations related to COVID-19 reasons.
If you place a booking on Guide to Faroe Islands but test positive when in the Faroe Islands or if your flight to the Faroe Islands is canceled due to COVID-19, you will get a full refund. Alternatively, you can choose to reschedule your trip to another date.
All cancellations must be made by e-mail. Guide to Faroe Islands is making every effort to ensure the best protection for the client in case of cancellations.
These terms apply to day tours and activities booked on Guide to Faroe Islands when cancelled by traveller:
- a) For cancellations more than 48 hours before the start of the activity, you will receive a full refund (small processing cost taken by the payment provider).
- b) For cancellations 48 hours or less before the start of the activity or in case of no-show, no refund.
If you need to adjust your travel plans to the Faroe Islands, please kindly email us and we will try our best to present you with an alternative plan. These terms apply to multi-day tours and vacation packages.
- More than 7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to arrival/tour date – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to arrival/tour date – no refund
Let Guide to Faroe Islands know one week in advance at latest if you need to cancel your car rental and you will receive a full refund (a small transaction fee taken by the payment provider can occur).
- More than 7 days prior to pickup – 100% refund (small transaction fee taken by payment provider)
- 3-7 days prior to pickup – 50% refund
- Less than 48 hours prior to pickup – no refund